jueves, 20 de octubre de 2016

The Lifesaver

Music is like one of the most important things of my life. I listen to music every time I can. It makes me feel completely.
I like many music genres like rock, cumbia and almost all of the Latin music, and the most of the artists that I listen are Chilean. But the music that I most like is RAP. Rap is a combination of Lexical skills and nice beats. Instead of what a lot of people think, rap really requires being very creative for telling a story. The rappers outstands because their high velocity and skills to combine words and make it senses, and the Dj’s job is sampling some old or new songs and create new rhythms. The sampling perfectly can be considerate like a rescue of the old culture and also demonstrates respect for the artist of the past.
Last Friday, I went to SFDK’s concert, a Spanish rap group. They are pioneers on Spanish-speaking rap. SFDK specially outstands by their live show, and it was demonstrated past Friday.
I download and save all of my music on my pc, my iPod and my cellphone to. I like the idea of save it and not just listen it, is like a treasure for me. I also bought and received some CD’s, I have my own collection, which of course includes some raps CD’s.
If I were a song, I would be “Jardín del desdén”, a very deep-feeling song which mixes rap, jazz and lexical skills. Cevladé, the author, is a language teacher that uses many references of writers like Rimbaud, Baudelaire and Poe troughs this entire career.
I only know to play the flute, and I also tried with the guitar, not much successfully. However, I can read music. I’m not quite good to sing, but I do it anyway because I enjoy it. I’m not just sing karaoke in the shower, I also listen music in the shower, either with my phone or my speakers.
Also, talking about rap, it was born in the Bronx, a very poor and hopeless neighborhood, where people can’t buy expensive instruments, so their only chance is just make noises with their mouth and hands and clap to make their rhythm. Music in general and Rap particularly, is very important to the society and culture, because without Hip-Hop, probably much people where now dead or selling drugs. Rap save a lot of lifes of people that found another way to fight their poverty, the talent to make rhymes, not only in the Bronx but all over the world.




2 comentarios:

  1. Hey Jonathan. I can see very clearly that you like rap very much. I do not know very much about that genre, but I am interested to learn about it a little more. Anyway, I had listen some songs of that group you had already saw in live SFDK. They had really good lyrics.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Jonathan. I can see very clearly that you like rap very much. I do not know very much about that genre, but I am interested to learn about it a little more. Anyway, I had listen some songs of that group you had already saw in live SFDK. They had really good lyrics.

    ResponderEliminar